[development] D6 node object question

jeff at ayendesigns.com jeff at ayendesigns.com
Tue Feb 15 06:10:25 UTC 2011

When I load a node, if my module knows that the content type is selected
for use with it, it takes the field name it's supposed to interact with
and looks at the field's contents.

One site I'm running this on has 8 content types in use. Seven were
marked to be used with the module, and for each, if the field were
field_image, I would access $node->field_image, and all was well.

Today I enabled it using the final content type, and added a field_image
to that content type too. The only difference with that one is that it
is enabled for use with node block.

I find that although other cck fields on the content type are at the
$node->fieldname level, the image field does not appear there, but does
appear in $node->content->fieldname.  So, I'm wondering, should I be
looking in $node->content->fieldname on all of the content types instead
of just $node->fieldname, and if not, what's going on with this one?

--

Ayen Designs
388 Bullsboro Drive #105 · Newnan, Georgia 30263
IM (Yahoo) baalwww    (MSN) baalwww at yahoo.com
Skype: ayendesigns | Facebook: ayendesigns | Twitter: @ayendesigns

Ayen Designs is the computer services division of