[development] views: custom conditions using fields from multiple tables

Ken Rickard agentrickard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 17:24:27 UTC 2011

I think this is a fair development question, since the answer is "you
have to write code to do this".

You can do variable query handlers in custom field handlers -- that's
what I usually do -- but it does require writing code.

Essentially, your query() method can be responsive to input or
conditions in the rest of the View (including arguments.)

Here's a snippet that (while out of context) will show you the basic approach.

http://drupalbin.com/19138

If you think your logic can be abstracted and used in multiple places,
a Views filter is a great option. If not, just a custom query is fine.

--
Ken Rickard
agentrickard at gmail.com
http://ken.therickards.com