[development] Drupal core initiatives

Sam Tresler sam at treslerdesigns.com
Tue Jun 14 15:02:16 UTC 2011

I could be mis-reading the issue at hand, but isn't this remarkably similar to how the Internet Engineering Task Force does RFC's? If the problem is attempting to manage proper circulation of concepts that core developers are working on, then it seems appropriate to assign statuses: "Informational", "historic", "experimental", etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Request_for_Comments

If that is the goal, then A) Angie is spot on with the need to call for writers with free time. B) No, a mailing list is not the proper venue. and C) probably g.d.o. isn't either.

Sorry to not have a specific solution in mind, but maybe the above methodology, refined since 1969 - might be a good place to look for a model?

$0.02

Sam Tresler
646-246-8403