[development] Two tiered menus in D7 when the top level is user specific

nan wich nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 22 03:14:10 UTC 2011

Are you dead set on doing this upside down? It might be easier to turn your
second level menu into the first level and the rooms into the second level. It
might make more sense to the users too. Then rooms can just be permissioned and
the menu will work very easily with no mucking around.

Nancy

From: Rob Thorne
I'm looking into a two tiered menu in a D7 application where the second
level of the menu is standard, but the top level is different for every
user.

To make this concrete, suppose the user is a teacher at a school where
the teacher uses multiple rooms, and needs to order materials for each
room separately.  Each teacher has a separate list of rooms, but the the
pages we track -- class lists, crafts inventory, furniture... are the
same for each room.