[development] Field for a View

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 18:52:44 UTC 2012

I have a new D7 site where each page has a unique header image. I figured I
would use CCK Blocks and then add an image field to Page nodes so then the
owners can easily upload a file on each page and it will appear as their
header image.

But what about Views? Is there an easy way to do this? I see this
http://drupal.org/node/1266036 is about adding a field to a View, which is
an Entity, but I'm not sure the outcome of that issue. There is this guy
http://treehouseagency.com/blog/neil-hastings/2011/09/21/building-custom-block-entities-beanswho
makes Blocks into Entities, which would allow me, I think, to add an
image field to a block, then the owners could upload an image there -- one
block for each View.

Seems making blocks into entities is still in discussion for D8 here
http://drupal.org/node/430886

Anyhow, is there a good way to allow the users to upload images for the
header for their View pages?

Thanks.