[development] Updating custom Views plugins for D8

Christoph Burschka christoph at burschka.de
Mon Oct 22 12:22:14 UTC 2012

Hey everyone,

seeing as Views for D8 is now well on its way and appears to be mostly
(or even fully) updated to the new core plugin system, it should
theoretically be possible to update plugins written for Views 7.x-3.x to
run on Views 8.x-3.x.

The only problem is that I can find zero documentation on how to do
that. This
(http://blog.erdfisch.de/2012/09/hands-introduction-drupal-8-plugin-system)
comes closest, but it only explains how to create an empty style plugin,
not how to make it do the same stuff an existing D7 plugin does.

Anything? Or am I way too early with this?

Best regards,
-Chris