[drupal-docs] How to insert the documentation readers drupal site url into your documentation

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 18:15:46 UTC 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:07:58 -0500, Moshe Weitzman <weitzman at tejasa.com> wrote:
> I think Kieran is looking for remotely hosted documentation that would
> point to the user's own web site. So imagine handbook links that point
> to the admin's own site based on a domain thats stored in their
> profile. This is easy to do technically, but requires the page to be of
> PHP format.

Ah, right. I wasn't thinking of "remotely hosted".

Actually, it wouldn't *have* to be PHP. You could run this as a
filter, could you not? One that inserted a field in the user profile
where you entered the URL of your site. You would have to be logged in
for this to work, but basically insert the links as [doc:local-link]
and have the filter prepend your own domain. If an anonymous user, it
would just show relative links.

One more techie-bit to go on the to-do list...

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bryght.com