[documentation] Documentation taxonomy?

Addison Berry drupal at rocktreesky.com
Sat Aug 9 23:25:55 UTC 2008

This was an idea raised during the August 8 IRC meeting. One thing
that was pointed out is that we will probably need to create some
pages as stub pages while we are in the process of getting the new
Getting Involved handbook together. It would be great if there was a
way for us to mark those stub pages so that it would be easy for the
docs team to have an automated list of them rather than us needing to
manually keep a list to refer back to as we work through them.

If we created a "documentation" vocabulary that had terms like stub,
outdated, insecure code, etc. That would a) let us flag things so they
would be easy to generate lists and b) maybe let us do some theme
changes on those pages so we can easily indicate to readers the status
of a handbook page. I think this could be quite cool, but I'm sure
there are drawbacks to it as well. The main negative that I can think
of is that it will clutter the node add/edit form even more and may
confuse newbies if they feel like they *should* be selecting something
but aren't sure what they are doing with it.

So, anyway, what do you think? DISCUSS. ;-)

- Addi (aka add1sun)