[documentation] Proposal to open up editing rights

Mike Parisi mgparisi at rochester.rr.com
Sat Aug 30 16:03:27 UTC 2008

I am sitting here looking at my PDD, the API doc, and Google like mad trying
to find examples on how to use the hook_form_alter().  One thing that WORKS
and that I have purposed in the past is the PHP.org type system where there
are comments to the API.

The problem with this PHP.org is that some comments are incorrect and have
to be corrected, no one has permissions to do this so the comments become
replies after replies after replies.  Maybe we should just give everyone
permission to write and edit comments to the documentation.  Even give them
the ability to edit other peoples comments.  I know there is some
restriction to the API that prevents this so maybe we should just link each
API and Document to an open WIKI page.

Mike