[documentation] Videos for Drupal 6

Joshua Brauer joshua at brauerranch.com
Mon Jan 28 20:02:02 UTC 2008

What if we either drop the "Introduction to" and just call them Drupal
6, Drupal 5, Drupal 4.7 etc. Or they could be Drupal 6 videos etc.
which might be a bit redundant on the listing page but make for better
page titles.

The archive idea is great too.

I think the proposed videos are the most important. If there is one
more to be added I'd vote for a general "features" video for newcomers
who are interested in both the new features and the long-standing
features of Drupal

Josh (aka JBrauer)

On Jan 28, 2008, at 12:39 PM, Addison Berry wrote:

> [...]
>
> My only other thought is maybe an even more generic term than
> "Introduction" I'm not sure I would immediately look for upgrade
> videos in an intro section - but maybe that's just me and I don't feel
> strongly on it.
>
> Re: videos to be made, I think that covers the basics we should have
> for a D6 launch.
>
> Addi (aka add1sun)
>

> On Jan 28, 2008, at 2:16 PM, Steven Peck wrote:
>
>> Talk to and coordinate with Addison.  She took over the organization
>> of that section.
>>
>> Steven
>>
>> On Jan 28, 2008 11:10 AM, Greg Knaddison - GVS
>> <Greg at growingventuresolutions.com> wrote:
>>> Howdy Documenters,
>>>
>>> I have two topics I want to discuss.  First - organization of the
>>> Videocasts section of the D.o handbooks - http://drupal.org/
>>> videocasts
>>>
>>> I think it would make sense to re-organize this by major release of
>>> Drupal.  I.e. a top level page for 5.x, 6.x, and 4.7 and earlier.
>>> Gabor and I discussed this in IRC today as a way to help make it
>>> easy
>>> to find the 6.x videos that will be linked form the 6.0 release
>>> announcement ( http://drupal.org/drupal-6.0 if you want to help
>>> editing it).  Some of the pages in that section are "timeless" like
>>> how to create or apply a patch - that is valuable regardless of
>>> Drupal
>>> version.  But some are very specific to version (upgrading) which
>>> makes me think that we should split the version specific videos into
>>> book pages for each version and then "general videos" will stay at
>>> their current locations.
>>>
>>> Here's the current hierarchy:
>>>
>>> -Videos
>>>
>>> -- Overviews
>>> --- New Features in Drupal6
>>> --- New i18n and l10n features in Drupal 6
>>> --- Drupal 5 Features
>>> --- What's new in Drupal 5
>>> --- Drupal Features and Overview
>>>
>>> -- Installation and Upgrading
>>> --- Installing Drupal 6
>>> --- Installing Drupal 5
>>> --- Upgrading to Drupal 5
>>> --- Dudertown Installing 4.7
>>> --- Installing Drupal 4.7
>>>
>>> My proposed hierarchy:
>>>
>>> -- Introduction to Drupal6
>>> --- New Features in Drupal6
>>> --- New i18n and l10n features in Drupal 6
>>> --- Installing Drupal 6
>>> --- Upgrading to Drupal6
>>>
>>> -- Introduction to Drupal5
>>> --- Drupal 5 Features
>>> --- What's new in Drupal 5
>>> --- Installing Drupal 5
>>> --- Upgrading to Drupal 5
>>>
>>> -- Introduction to Drupal4.7
>>> --- Dudertown Installing 4.7
>>> --- Installing Drupal 4.7
>>>
>>> The rest of the handbooks are less complete on a "per version" basis
>>> and I think should be left as-is.  There's also less that changes
>>> about, for example, blocks from 4.7->5.x->6.x
>>>
>>> Second, I want to coordinate on making sure that we get them all
>>> 1. Installing Drupal6 - done by Addi -
>>> http://www.lullabot.com/videocasts/installing-drupal-6
>>> 2. New features of Drupal6 - done by me (will redo this week) -
>>> http://www.masteringdrupal.com/screencast/new-features-drupal-6
>>> 3. i18n and l10n features of Drupal6 - done by me -
>>> http://www.masteringdrupal.com/screencast/new-i18n-l10n-features-drupal-6