[documentation] Deleting/archiving/moving old book pages?

Mr. Meitar Moscovitz meitarm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 12:15:53 UTC 2008

Hi all (again),

I'm simply running through a short list of handbook pages that need
some copyediting tonight and came across a relatively new one:

http://drupal.org/node/265550

This page was created as a subpage of this one:

http://drupal.org/node/32109

which also needed a bit of work. I decided it'd be better to just
incorporate the two together since they are both about
Apache .htaccess files and cache control, and I'm betting the author
of the subpage simply created the subpage since they didn't have
rights to edit the main page.

Now that the two pages are integrated into one, how can I
"unpublish" (or delete/archive/move to somewhere else) the old subpage
that no longer contains any unique information? I tried looking for a
solution myself, but neither the Drupal.org search feature nor Google
turned up anything useful. I did find this:

http://drupal.org/node/197654

which seems to be the same question as mine asked on December 4th,
2007, but there's no clear answer. I'm surmising from the node itself
that I need to create a "bug report" issue for the "Drupal.org
webmasters" project, in the "Content moderation" component and ask for
an old page to be removed that way.

I figured that before I go adding more work for someone else to sort
through (i.e., clutter for the webmasters to look at), I'd ask you
guys first. :) Am I on the right track with these assumptions?

Thanks,
--
-Meitar Moscovitz
Drupal: http://drupal.org/user/265715