[documentation] Blog about it

Addison Berry drupal at rocktreesky.com
Thu Sep 4 21:34:00 UTC 2008

Hey all,

So I put up a blog post on my thoughts about the Doc sprint we had on
Sunday (http://www.lullabot.com/blog/documentation-kicking-butt). I
really want to encourage everyone on the docs team to blog* about
their own experiences as well. I say this for two reasons:

1) I really want to know what everyone worked on at the sprint since I
missed a lot of things. It was crazy in there. :-)
2) I want the larger Drupal community to know all of the awesome stuff
that we are working on.

We should be tooting our horns and in the process get the word out
that everyone can contribute and that there are lots of different ways
to contribute and make a difference. While I personally want to see
stories from the sprint just cuz I'm curious, I also plan to do more
blog posts generally about my work on docs and I encourage everyone
else to as well.

If you don't have a blog or don't feel like making a full post right
now, feel free to leave a comment on my post with your thoughts. I
know that I wasn't the only one at the sprint and I'd like to hear
other voices in the blogosphere. :-)

* To really hit the Drupal community you should get your blog on the
Drupal Planet feed (http://drupal.org/planet), if you aren't already.
The Planet is an aggregator of Drupal related posts from all over the
web. If you aren't "on the planet", you just need to create a Drupal-
specific  feed on your blog (which is easy to do by creating a term
for it). I use the term "drupal", some folks use "drupal planet". Just
pick a term that you will use for any posts you want to send to the
planet. Then get the feed URL for that term (e.g.  my personal blog
one is http://www.rocktreesky.com/tags/geek/drupal/feed) and create a
webmasters issue (http://drupal.org/project/issues/webmasters) asking
to be added to the planet. Make sure you include the link to the feed
and the name you want for your entry (some people prefer their name,
others like to use the name of their site or company).

- Addi (add1sun)