[documentation] Proposal to open up editing rights

Andrew Berry andrewberry at sentex.net
Sat Sep 6 19:41:19 UTC 2008

On 6-Sep-08, at 11:45 AM, Addison Berry wrote:

> Just a reminder to please give feedback to this thread by September 8.

Sorry for using this thread, I just recently subscribed so I don't
have a copy of the older message.

I had two thoughts on this which could work together. First, how about
automatically adding module authors to the documentation permissions?
Those who have committed code in my mind at least are very unlikely to
vandalize pages.

The other thought would be to do a "time delay" for new accounts being
added to the documentation team. For example, if an account is active
at least once a month for six months, then automatically add the
permissions, and send an email with style information and a thank-you
for participating in d.org's community. Of course, this could always
be overridden by a formal doc team request.

One other thing - the revision log field should be made to be
required. This probably requires a custom module to hook into the
form, but would be very useful.

--Andrew