[documentation] SUMMARY for Proposal to open up editing rights

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Wed Sep 10 19:14:11 UTC 2008

Addison Berry wrote:
> My personal feeling is that we give it a try for the trial period and
> if things seem too chaotic, close it up and then pursue the more
> restrictive options. We can leave item #3 open for discussion the rest

+1.

In my own words I think this means: allow d.o users to edit the
lowest-access pages and/or the lowest-context pages for the trial period
of one month. "Restrict" editing access to the high profile pages such
as the handbook (and theme guide) for now.

There are bells and whistles I'd like to see implemented, but I'd also
like to see how the masses deal with individual, contributed pages that
don't really fit "well" right now. Will they expand the content, will
they re-write the pages to make them better? Will they be inspired to
write new pages to fill in the blanks? WHO KNOWS! Let's give the
community the benefit of the doubt on the pages we think could use the
most TLC and see what kinds of awesome they come up with. :)

regards,
emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin, B.Sc.