[documentation] Which books/pages to restrict?

Addison Berry drupal at rocktreesky.com
Thu Sep 25 18:50:57 UTC 2008

On Sep 24, 2008, at 10:37 AM, Nancy Wichmann wrote:

> Addison Berry wrote:
>> The last big task before we can is to identify what should be
>> "locked"
>> and only accessible to the docs team, and then change the input
>> format
>
> If our page already uses the "Documentation" format, is it already
> "locked?"
> Is this a way the author can set her/his pages to locked?

Yes the Documentation format will mean that regular authenticated
users can't edit the page. You need to edit each page you wish to lock
and set the format. I don't know of any other way to do it. That is
why I'd like us to compile a list as a group and then run a little
focused sprint to go through and set all of the ones we deem needing
it so no one person is stuck with a hugely tedious task on their own.

We should try, as much as possible, to identify "sections" to be
locked rather than individual pages. We need to explain to people why
they can't edit certain pages and "groups" or "types" of pages makes a
lot more sense. Ones with images or tables is easy to explain. The
Getting started guide is easy. Random individual pages with no images
or tables in them is not so easy.

> Is there an easy way to get a list of all my handbook pages?  Track
> is not
> adequate for this because it mixes all my issues into list.

No way that I know of right now without a custom DB query. You'd have
to write up a query and post it to the infra queue to get someone with
rights to run it for you.

- Addi