[drupal-support] Is Drupal the Right CMS?

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Wed Apr 6 21:52:39 UTC 2005

Hi,
	I want to use a CMS for a new project I am working on (tired of
managing all HTML by hand). Drupal is one of the Fantastico-equipped
scripts that my ISP offers. I see other sites doing neat things with
Drupal but I have no idea how to make it do these things.

	The first thing that bothered me was that every bit of content was very
blog-like (displaying user and time posted). This site is going to have
static pages that do not necessarily need such information. I figured
out how to turn off that header via the theme configuration. Out of
story and article, what do I want to use for static content (e.g., an
"About" page)?

	I noticed that the book module has an option to display a
printer-friendly display option. How come this is not the case on other
types of content?

	I need to make a navigation menu block. I notice that the "Navigation"
module is enabled by default. But I do not see how to do anything with
that block. I can make another block for navigation options and populate
it with an HTML list of links to the appropriate pages within the site.
But that feels like it violates the CMS model.

--
	-Mike Melanson