[drupal-support] Independent Directories

Jim Riggs drupal-lists at jimandlissa.com
Fri Apr 8 21:01:41 UTC 2005

On 8 Apr, 2005, at 15:45, Nicolas Tostin wrote:

>>   I need to be able to create subdirectories that are independent of
>> Drupal. So far I am unable to accomplish this. Does anyone know
>> how or,
>> can someone point me in the right direction?

If a file exists, it will be served, bypassing drupal.  That is, if
drupal is installed in /www/drupal, and there is a file /www/drupal/
foo/bar.html and you request http://your_site/foo/bar.html you will
get bar.html.  Drupal will not be used.  If a file does not exist,
though, Drupal will try to handle the request and/or give an error.
For example, http://your_size/foo/baz.html will result in a Drupal
"not found" error (404).

The exception to this is the index page.  The .htaccess file in
drupal sets the index page to index.php.  So, if you want your users
to be able to go to http://your_site/foo/, the index file in the foo
directory must be named index.php, not index.htm or index.html.

HTH.

- Jim