[drupal-support] Spam filtering not working on trackbacks?

Franz Iberl f.iberl at amazonas-box.de
Fri Apr 22 17:30:31 UTC 2005

Hello,

my Problem lives on 4.5.2, but as I'm locally studying 4.6  the spam
module seems to be similar, so the question keeps the same:

I have the trackback module running and it works seemingly very well
(http://amazonas.the-dot.de/).
The trackback entries are listed on my site in the "latest comments"
block (Neueste Kommentare, german).
I have the spam module installed and configered all to catch spam on
comments to unpublish it automatically.

Repeatedly I got trackback spam. The spam module collects all the  data
in its list. I thought at first I have to train it to work. But now it
shows an impressive statistic, but I  still have to kill the *trackback
comments* manually! The e-mail notification does not work also.

Just checked: On "normal comments", entered directly, the filter and
e-mail-notification works.
The "spam matching" (or manual switched) entries really get into the
spam data list, the url-blacklist is updated, but there is no visible
filtering.

Any ideas what to look for to get it filtering (unpublish) with
trackbacks as well?

Thank you
Franz

--