[drupal-support] Installation Fatal Error

David Price spencerprice at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 03:20:53 UTC 2005

I¹ve spent quite a bit of time working on this one...it¹s probably a simple
fix, but I could sure use some help.

My environment:

Php 4.4
Windows Server 2003 IIS 6.0
MySQL 4.0.24
Drupal 4.6.2
Hosting:  www.webhost4life.com

Settings:

I have checked and double checked the appropriate php.ini settings.
Since I¹m on IIS, .htaccess doesn¹t apply.
I have checked and confirmed the database is setup and connected correctly
through the settings.php file.
I have loaded the database.mysql tables

At installation, when I point my browser to the url where drupal is
installed and set up, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: db_fetch_object() in
c:\...\includes\bootstrap.inc on line 199

I believe the function is defined within the database, which would suggest
there is an error in connection, but when I check connection (and had my
hosting company check the connection) everything checks out.

I¹ve run many checks and re-installs, tried different versions of drupal,
and tweaked some code. I¹m not a php master, but I can find my way around
ok.

Anyone have any suggestions.  It¹s been a couple days worth of trouble
shooting and my brain is fried!

-David