[drupal-support] node programatically creating other nodes?

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Mon Aug 8 05:14:40 UTC 2005

On Aug 7, 2005, at 20:28, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, Jim Tittsler wrote:
>

>> Is there an example of module that creates/deletes other nodes?
>>
>> I have a custom module that in some circumstances it would be handy
>> if it could create 2 or 3 other (largely boilerplate) nodes in
>> certain circumstances, and in others if it could delete 1 or 2 other
>> nodes.  Are there examples of similar things I can study?
>>

>             node_delete(array('nid' => $nid, 'confirm' => 1));
>
> is what you want.

Thanks!  That does appear to solve the delete problem.

What is the sequence of steps that my custom node module can perform
to create nodes of another type (controlled by a different module)?
I would like my custom module to cause 3 other "page" nodes to spring
into existence (with body text that is programmatically generated)
when my custom node is created.