[drupal-support] Error Report

Nicolas Tostin nicolast at logis.com.mx
Tue Aug 9 14:35:22 UTC 2005

Hi
> "Access denied for user: 'Name of Database%' to database
> 'Name of Database' query: LOCK TABLES sequences
> WRITE in /var/htdocs/www.orthopoint.de/htdocs/websit
> e/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 66"
>
> Is this a problem of permissions ? Can I solve this problem via FTP ?

This look like you don't have "GRANT LOCK" on your database.
It can be solved if you have the GRANT permission on your MySQL db. But,
since you may use an ISP hosting, you may don't have this right. Ask your
ISP if you can have the right to make locks on your tables if not, you can
either change ISP :( or comment the 2 lines in database.mysql.inc that make
this lock :
line 151 :   db_query('LOCK TABLES {sequences} WRITE');
and   db_query('UNLOCK TABLES');
Regards

Nicolas