[drupal-support] can drupal do yahoo groups?

Albrecht Marignoni ukstart2003 at gmx.de
Thu Aug 11 06:51:40 UTC 2005

Good Morning Stan,

Yahoo Groups functions are very good. And my wish is
developing the same functionality by Drupal.

I saw that Civic Space offers PHPList inside his applications,
but I do no know if PHPList is also a discussion list software.
Anyway I think that you must develop it by yourself.

There is a Drupal module called "Ezmlm". Ezmlm is a very
flexible OS discussion and newsletter software based on
Qmail. What I know is that you use for all mailing list software
specific server administration rights. Ezmlm seems to be more
flexible and stronger than Mailman. Some month before I found
out that Listsoft offers a free version of their mailing list software
which is not open source but from a company with many experiences
in this field. But I think that each mailing list software is not an
easy approach for installation.

With all the link applications, forums and download features
of Drupal it seems to be very easy to develop semilar applications
like Yahoo Groups (it might be possible that you can do it
much more better).

Kind Regards,

Albrecht