[drupal-support] Unable to create first account

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Wed Aug 24 06:42:15 UTC 2005

Hi,

I once had a similar situation with a much older version of Drupal. The resolution was to copy the files over. I was missing some files.

HTH

Kobus

>>> raj_madan at rediffmail.com 8/24/2005 8:25:19 AM >>>
Hi

I'm using Drupal-4.6.2. I installed it in Sourceforge.net
http://fosta.sf.net

A database has been created and i'm able to bring the first page. Now when i try to create the first account, it doesnt do anything. It returns back to the same login page again without any error mesg or info.
Also when i checked the database, if any users are created, the users table is not altered. Also, Drupal is not sending any mail, when creating an account.
when i try to use wrong user name and passwd, its not showing any mesg and goin back to the login page again. I'm not albe to figure it out. I didnt alter the .htaccess file. Any help could be nice

Thanks

Madhan Raj M, B.E.

GNOME Hacker
GNOME Foundation Member (madhanrm at gnome.org)