[drupal-support] Getting a blank page running upgrade 4.3.1.> 4.4.2

Bob Doyle editor at cmsreview.com
Sat Aug 27 02:05:20 UTC 2005

Hi all,

We backed everything up, added two new required fields to the database,
then ran the update.php script for one of our sites (CMS-News).

The results of clicking on the cms-news.org/update.php?op=update (just
once) was a blank page.

We also get a blank page when we request the updated site
http://www.cms-news.org.

We did the same operations for the CMS Forum site.  Just to check we
were connecting properly, we asked for cms-forum.org *before* we added
the two new fields to its system table, and it came back (properly) with
an error message saying "throttle" field was missing.

This told us the new 4.4.2 code was trying to run.

Any advice on how to get past the blank page? If we figure it out, we
will add howto to the drupal.org update discussion.

Thanks.

--
Bob Doyle
Editor In Chief, CMS Review - http://www.cmsreview.com