[drupal-support] Allow anyone in a role to edit any page

Travis Spencer travislspencer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 17:59:28 UTC 2005

Hey All,

I've got drupal up and running on my second drupal-based site.  It
sure has been easier and more enjoyable this time around now that I
know, for example, what a node is :)

One thing that I haven't been able to figure out though is how do I
allow anyone of a certain role to edit any page?  I can create the
role no problem and I can grant access to allow users to modify their
own pages, but I don't see a way to allow anyone of a particular role
(e.g., Content Manager) to edit any page.  I don't want members of
this role to be able to create new pages; I just want them to be able
to edit existing ones.  This seems like a pretty common use case, so
it must be hiding among all these options somewhere :/

Am I missing something or is it truly not possible?  If it isn't
currently doable, then perhaps I'll hack page.module to make it
possible ;)

--

Regards,

Travis Spencer