[drupal-support] Problem with no cookie login

Skip Taylor avskip at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 18:49:40 UTC 2005

Perhaps I've missed the boat here, but I was under the impression that
you did NOT have to have cookies enabled to log in to a Drupal site.

Someone had trouble with a log in on my site yesterday. Turns out
their cookies were set to not accept cookies.  They tried to log in,
the Who's online module showed them as online but they could progress
no further.

I have 4.6.3 and have not modified anything related to this part of Drupal.

Should this have happened?  Would it have anything to do with my
hosting company upgrading to PHP 4.4.0 ??