[drupal-support] system messages showing on all pages

Abalieno abalieno at cesspit.net
Sun Aug 28 09:56:06 UTC 2005

My host screwed something and now my site doesn't run anymore with php 4 but
it seems to work with php 5.

As I can use it only as CGI I cannot pass parameters through the .htaccess
and the sessions vanish after half an hour. I guess I have no hope to solve
this problem? It's not fun when you work on an article for an hour, post it
and discover the session vanished and you lost everything.

The other problem is that I see the system messages ( like "The block
settings have been updated.") sticking on EVERY page. They also group up and
just don't vanish till the session isn't ended.

Is this a problem with PHP 5 or it's again about the settings not being
applied correctly?

-HRose / Abalieno