[drupal-support] Using Node Privacy By Role in Forums

Dennis Bennett bennettdennis at qwest.net
Sun Aug 28 18:01:32 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have a new Drupal site and want to create a forum that only certain
members can access, with the rest of the forums accessible by all
authenticated members. I've seen the Node Privacy by Role module
(http://drupal.org/project/node_privacy_byrole) used for this, but I'm
having a heck of  a time figuring out how to do it on our site. We've
already successfully installed and enabled the module in
?q=admin/settings/node_privacy_byrole. However, we're not able to
determine how to actually restrict access to a particular node (the
private forum) by role.

Could someone please post a procedure for doing so?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis