[support] Drupal, MySQL 5, and caching?

codepoet at codepoetry.net codepoet at codepoetry.net
Wed Dec 7 16:42:04 UTC 2005

I'm running into a bit of a problem and I'm not seeing an out.  I run
several Drupal sites that work just fine (macgeekery.com and
codepoetry.net among them) so I'm not new to this, but this one has
me a bit confused.

I installed a fresh copy of 4.6.4 on a brand new Linux 2.6 server
running:

Apache 2.0.54
PHP 5.0.5
MySQL 5.0.16

The very first page loads without issue after I turn on caching.  The
next load of that page as an anonymous user, coming from the cache I
would suppose, gives me a white screen with no errors in the Apache
error log (and a 200 in the access).  In the watchdog log I get the
famed error:

Duplicate entry 'http://triton.codepoetry.net/' for key 1 query:
INSERT INTO cache (cid, data, created, expire, headers) VALUES
('http://triton.codepoetry.net/', '

I searched Google and drupal.org and got a *lot* of hits ... and read
them all.  This incarnation, however, isn't a race condition as older
forum posts would indicate ... this is every single page hit to a
cached page.

If I turn off caching then the site works as expected, logged in or
anonymous.

Now, CP and MG are run from MySQL 4.1, so is it possible some SQL
behavior changed in-between that Drupal doesn't like?  Is anyone
using MySQL 5 with caching and no errors?

Thanks for anything you have...