[support] Base URL Problem

Ron Mahon ron at inmrc.com
Wed Dec 7 18:13:41 UTC 2005

I am setting up a new test server on Ubunt Linux. Every thing was looking
Good, until I tried to get past the first page in Drupal.

I copy this whole site directory from Windows to Linux the databases are
identical every thing is the same.

Except that the windows machine used php5. The Linux machine is using
php4.3.

I figure it's something to do with the apache 2 setup or configuration.

This is the base string

$base_url = 'http://localhost/inmrc';

This is the error I get.

The requested URL /inmrc/user was not found on this server.

The base directory string is correct, but it seams to ignore the
http://localhost <http://localhost/>  part

Has anybody experienced this?

Thanks

Ron