[support] TinyMCE

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Sat Dec 10 21:06:01 UTC 2005

Vince_Leibowitz wrote:
> Is there anyone who could help me install TinyMCE? It is way over my head.
>

> After I thought I had it installed, it came up with this: Could not find the
> TinyMCE engine installed at modules/tinymce/tinymce/. Please download
> TinyMCE, uncompress it and copy the folder into modules/tinymce.
>
> So, I tried in CPanel to create a tinymce subfolder in tinymce, but it would
> not let me. I know I've got the engine in there, but it isn't finding it.
> Also, the instructions from what I downloaded from drupal said to go
> somewhere else and download ANOTHER TinyMCE thing, which has more files in
> it and I have no Idea what i am supposed to do next. Plus, when trying to do
> this:
>
>  mysql -u user -p drupal < tinymce.mysql
>
> (with appropriate things substituted) I get this error:
> #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
> corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
> 'mysql -u capitola_drpl1 -p capitola_drpl1 < tinymce.mysql' at line 1
>
> I have no idea what it means as I have never used MySQL before and know
> nothing about it.
> Thanks.

I can't give you all the help you need, I'm afraid, but I can clear up a bit of
confusion:

In both cases, the Drupal module is just a wrapper for another piece of
software. In TinyMCE's case, it's actually an external wysiwyg editor that has
to be installed by itself. The Drupal module, then, is what lets Drupal know the
editor is there and embeds it into your Drupal installation. So you do need to
go download that other thing. I seem to recall it's relatively easy to install
that part, and just needs to be inside your modules/tinymce directory. But it's
been some time since I've looked at it.