[support] databse error

Metzler, David MetzlerD at evergreen.edu
Wed Dec 14 16:44:56 UTC 2005

Would recommend verifying that you can authenticate to mysql using this
user:

mysql -u drupal -p drupal

Assuming of course that the database name and user name are both drupal.
Check to see if you can log in to the database.

Did you use this user name and password when running the database.sql
installation script? Were there errors?

To verify the settings.php line should be

$db_url = 'mysql://drupal:123456@localhost/drupal';

Based on the information you've sent.

Another longshot is that you might consider changing the password to
alpha-numeric.  An all numeric password shouldn't be a problem, but I've
seen stranger things happen with a API's before.

Dave