[support] (no subject)

salvador at progressivetrail.org salvador at progressivetrail.org
Thu Dec 15 15:03:28 UTC 2005

Posted to Forums -> "How do I..." and mailed to support

Not sure if I should've sent this to the developer's list.

I've got some scripts that build story nodes from plaintext files. The
files, unfortunately, have linebreaks in bizarre places. Drupal handles the
paragraphs correctly when converting to HTML, but I would like to remove
entirely the piece that converts linebreaks to '<br />' tags.

I had assumed that this was taking place in "function
_filter_autop($text)" in filter.module, but after removing every
preg_replace call that involved '<br />' tags, (e.g., "$chunk =
preg_replace('|<br />\s*|', "\n\n", $chunk);") from that function, I found that drupal was still
inserting the unwanted linebreaks.

Can someone please tell me where this is happening in drupal? I've been
grepping myself silly trying to find it.