[support] User File Space?

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 17:41:25 UTC 2005

I'm helping a friend evaluate moving his website off of Windows/ASP to
Linux/PHP.  One of this functional requirements is as follows:

THere is admin functionality that allows me to set up accounts
(with passwords) that users can access to upload and download files (users
have no access to each others files). files should be well protected (cant
download just by knowing the location/name. need some mechanism to deal with
duplicate file names (current site gives uploaded files a unique name if
duplicate is found ... user only sees the name he typed in though).

Can Drupal do this?  If so, where can I find the documentation on how
to configure Drupal to do this?  Thanks for any help.
--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in