[support] databse error

dir.dev at digitalreef.net dir.dev at digitalreef.net
Fri Dec 16 13:52:05 UTC 2005

hi VS -

So just a santiy check here: from the line in the settings file:

$db_url = 'mysql://drupal1:abc123@localhost/drupal1';

Drupal is expecting that:

1. The name of your database id 'drupal1'

2. The name of the mysql user is also 'drupal1' - does this user have
grants to this database? It can get confusing when they are both named the
same.

3. The password for the user 'drupal1' is 'abc123'. The grants have to
have been created using this password. An example mysql statement for this
would be:

grant all on drupal1.* to drupal1 at localhost identified by 'abc123';

Check all these factors....

Hey, wait a minute!... this error pops up for me when the name the
subdirectory in the /sites directory is incorrect... and Drupal tries to
use the default settings file. It looks to me like it should be something
like:

sites/raunharman.co.in/settings.php

If you have a letter wrong, it'll ignore this settings file and use the
default settings file.

BTW - thanks for posting your files to help us track things down, but
you'll want to change the password on the database once you have it
working. I'm guessing from the 'abc123' password you were already planning
on doing that!

Cheers,
--Katin