[support] Drupal does not work on PHP 5.1.1?

Nimish Pachapurkar npac at spikesource.com
Thu Dec 22 23:48:41 UTC 2005

Hello,

I was using Drupal 4.6.5 on PHP 5.0.4 before and worked very well. Since
there was recent security vulnerability discovered for PHP 5.0.x
versions (http://secunia.com/advisories/17763/), I decided to move to
5.1.1. However, Drupal won't work anymore with PHP 5.1.1 version. Is
this a known issue? Has anyone else used Drupal with PHP 5.1.1?

The problem I am facing is that Drupal index page does not show up
correctly after installation. It seems that the templates are not
getting rendered properly. I see this on the index page:

{head} {styles}
{_BLOCK_.header.logo} {_BLOCK_.header.site_name}
{secondary_links}
{primary_links}
{_BLOCK_.header.blocks}

Welcome to your new Drupal-powered website. This message will guide you
through your first steps with Drupal, and will disappear once you have
posted your first piece of content.  <etc., etc.>

There is no error message in PHP or Apache log - even with
error_reporting switched to E_ALL.

Is this a problem with Drupal, XTemplate, or both?

I am using Drupal 4.6.5, PHP 5.1.1, Apache 2.0.55 and MySQL 4.1.15.

Thanks,
- Nimish