[support] multiple menu bugs? Or a classic case of PEBKAC?

Kobus Myburgh itbjdm at puknet.puk.ac.za
Fri Dec 23 06:39:29 UTC 2005

Hi,

Possible bug 1:

If you use the menu to customize the items, and set a menu so that users may control whether they can see it or not, and then saving your user account after that, doesn't seem to work. Here is the recipe:

1. Create a new menu (let's call it "advanced").
2. Create a menu item under this menu (let's call it "home" and link it to index.php).
3. Enable the block in block administration.
4. Configure the block to be NOT shown by default but allow individual users to display it.
5. Edit your own account and check the box next to the advanced menu.

Possible bug 2:

I am not sure where to file this one. Is it a BlueMarine issue or is it a PHPTemplate issue, or what is this? When you go to the menu, and you DELETE the Primary Links menu, it still displays in the header section of my site. Typically not everyone would delete this menu, so it is possible that I am the first one to notice this, but I only deleted it becauuse I could not find a way to disable it.

I am not sure whether these are bugs or not. I have searched the bug list, and couldn't find anything (although I only had a few minutes to do so - our power is going out in 25 minutes or so). If these are indeed bugs, could someone please file then, as our power will be out for the whole day, and I am not going to be back here until 3rd of January.

Regards,

Kobus