[drupal-support] Title of the page

Ken Dow Me at KenDow.Com
Tue Feb 8 13:28:30 UTC 2005

FWIW, since the page title appears in search engines such as Google
(and the local Drupal search), and these titles are typically truncated
at a fairly short length, it makes sense to have this order. That way,
the name of the site is truncated rather than the label of the page
content. See item 6 on http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9605.html.

That said, you should be able to change this in your theme. Here's the
relevant line from 4.4  chameleon.theme, for example:

   $output .= " <title>". ($title ? $title ." | ".
variable_get("site_name", "drupal") : variable_get("site_name",
"drupal") ." | ". variable_get("site_slogan", ""))

On Feb 8, 2005, at 7:02 AM, Abalieno wrote:

> Right now on my current installation whenever I look at a node the
> title of the page shows:
> "title of the node" | "Name of the site"
>
> This seems silly since the order is supposed to be inverted. There's
> some sort of setting or it's something hardcoded?
>
> There is a simple way to swap them?
>
> -HRose / Abalieno

Ken

That which is not good for the bee-hive cannot be good for the bees.
- Marcus Aurelius