[drupal-support] Automatic updates check and upgrades

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Feb 21 17:33:53 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Andrei Emeltchenko wrote:

> I use drupal for a long time and performed several upgrades. I just think
> would it be better to automate update using some "check for update" button.
>
> Is it too lame?

Frankly, I think it is pretty lame. If people want a package system they
should a Linux distro for which drupal is available as a package.

> Also each time I need to rewrite conf.php file after untarring archive
> which is not handy.

You should have renamed it to your.site.com.php. :)

> Since this info doesn't change during upgrades I propose to rename
> conf.php to config.php
> and store there persistent information which will not be rewritten by
> installing a new source.

conf.php is now named settings.php and lives in sites/your.site.com/
directory.

The support list is the wrong place for feature requests. Use the issue
tracker instead.

Cheers,
	Gerhard