[drupal-support] Re: categories in the index page

Ron Mahon ron at inmrc.com
Sun Feb 27 16:35:15 UTC 2005

To get this effect I experimented with all the taxonomy modules.
What finally worked was a add on program call menus with the "s" so as not
to conflict with build in menu system.

The taxonomy_context module gives the breakdown of the sub pages. The only
problem with this module is that it does not list how many items are in
side. Maybe an option of (Not displaying if empty) would be an alternative.
See the web-link behavior. I looked at both modules in an effort to add this
feature, but my php skills are lacking

I had to manually build the menus items from the taxonomy terms. I could not
find a way to build them automatically.

One other note there is a categories block so I would not name anything else
category. I believe I had a conflict with this.

The category block displays only terms that have content witch is very nice
but does it by the newest items first. It all so gives a date which in this
application was undesirable so I removed it. This module or block could
probably be easily fixed but not by me.
Ron
Ps thanks for the spelling help