[drupal-support] Applying filter(s) to a node upon cron

Mark Quinn cheeky.mini at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 17:11:44 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have a "page" node on my corporate intranet that contains deadlines
and other date information. I've developed a filter which "lives
inside" the html filter so that deadlines that are approaching or
overdue are rendered in a different style to highlight them.

Now, of course, this filter will only run on the node's body when the
node is updated. I would like to update the node each night from a
cron hook.

I understand I can load the node with: $node = node_load( $nid => x );
manipulate the body by setting $node->body
and save the node with node_save( $node );

But i'm lost on how to apply the filters. How is this done?

Am I anywhere near the mark, or would the proposed cron method have to
do a lot more (ignoring any  of the time related issues)