[drupal-support] menu block and viewing nodes

Todd Howard todd.howard at mail.com
Mon Jan 24 04:29:04 UTC 2005

Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Todd Howard wrote:
>

>>Couldnt find anything on this ... I'm using multiple vocabularies
>>with a menu associated to each one. I want to only show one menu
>>block at a time. So I defined the menu blocks path with the
>>appropriate taxonomy/terms, i.e., <term/(1|2|4|86|107)>. Just one
>>problem, the menu block goes away when a node is viewed. This makes
>>sense because the URL is for a node and not a term. Really would
>>like to have the menu block available when viewing a node that is in
>>the appropriate term. Any other methods available?
>>

>This is a bit difficult. What you could do is to define an alias for
>each node that is associated to the term it has, eg term/13/node/123 and
>change your regexp to allow for optional futher arguments is the path.
>
>This is not too convenient as you can only add the alias after creating
>the node, but if there aren't too many nodes it might be acceptable.
>
>Another option would be to create a custom php block that gegerates the
>menu only if either the term or the node matches.
>
>Cheers,
>	Gerhard

I was afraid of this, I'm actually going to have do some work. Regarding
define an alias for each node ... too many nodes will be created. It
probably will have to be a custom block/menu. It seems like this should
be a fundamental behavior, though given the current framework, no easy
solutions ...

Thanks for the confirmation !!!
Todd