[drupal-support] Re: the "remember me" option

Mark Quinn cheeky.mini at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 14:46:19 UTC 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:15:14 +0100, Tim Altman <gmane at timaltman.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 02:03:59 +0100, Abalieno <abalieno at cesspit.net> wrote:
>
> > It seems gone in the last versions

<snip>

>         Please do a search on Drupal.org before posting here.

here's an old thread on this, that should cover what you need to know
for now to deal with the situation. Consult the search as
aforementioned if you want to read about the convoluted history.

Hi,

Scuse the vaguely nooby question, i'm just slowly coming up to speed
with the Drupal codebase. I've seen that there's been some recent
issues with the "remember me" feature of the login functionality. I
notice that 4.5.1 does not offer the "remember me"  UI element; Is
there any support for this functionality in 4.5.1 or is the fix i've
read about in a upcoming release.

In the case of the latter,
a) is there a "quick and dirty fix" i can apply for now - maybe
uber-long sessions?
b) can anyone point me to the right files to pull from CVS to apply a
manual patch.
No. The story is somewhat convoluted, though.

> In the case of the latter,
> a) is there a "quick and dirty fix" i can apply for now - maybe
> uber-long sessions?

Yes, that is what wie suggest. Look at the .htaccess file.

  php_value session.cookie_lifetime 2000000

for apache 2 (most hosts will use that) you need to edit this .htaccess a
little. For older apache the "stay logged in" feature works out of the box in
Drupal.