[drupal-support] Image uploads

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Mon Jul 4 08:52:40 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am using standard upload.module in combination with inline.module to display inline images on one of my sites.

On my hosting space, which uses M$, the uploads don't work. Instead of:

http://example.co.za/new/files/myfile.jpg

it has this:

http://example.co.za/new/files/_0

listed as the uploaded file.

I am not sure why this happens, as this works fine on my local host, and I am inclining towards a hosting problem, but I did the following [1] to fix it. I was also wondering if this [2] couldn't be an issue:

[1] Correct temp path (see [2] below) and downloaded from the server and installed that copy on local host, works fine. I have re-downloaded all relevant modules from drupal.org as well, just for completeness. I have also made sure that the permissions of the files/new folder

[2] I first thought it was the temp folder which is c:\windows\temp on my local host, and found from the host that their temp folder is C:\Domains\propertyprofessionals.co.za\wwwroot\temp. This didn't solve the problem, as the files still can't upload, and I was wondering whether it could perhaps be something in the structure of the file name? The hosts claim there is nothing wrong on their side...

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated...

Regards,

Kobus