[drupal-support] site hit counter

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Tue Jul 12 05:43:38 UTC 2005

Rahul,

A site hit counter is not particularly useful, especially with Drupal, as it has so much more capabilities.

I suggest you take a look at statistics.module (included with default installation - just needs configuaration). Enable all the features you require for statistics, and you will see a "hit counter" on every piece of content on the site, instead of every page. Remember to give all users the appropriate permissions to view the counter information.

If this is still not doing what you want to do and you want a normal script that just increases once for each time a page on your site is opened, I can build it into your theme for you.

Regards,

Kobus

>>> rahulbenegal at gmail.com 7/10/2005 6:58 AM >>>
Would be grateful if you could point me to a means of capturing and
displaying hit count on my drupal site (I am not a php programmer).

--
Warm Regards,
Rahul (New Delhi GMT +5:30)