[drupal-support] site hit counter

Rahul Benegal rahulbenegal at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 05:28:52 UTC 2005

I do have the statistics module configured.
a) However, it does not give me a total for hit across the site.
b) Also, if a person comes to front page only and doesnt go further, i
dont think the stats would show that.

What i mean by (a) is that if person A clicks on item 1 and person B
clicks on item 2, i get 1 read in each item. But is that 2 people or 1
(the same person who clicked on two items). Also, in this case i would
have to go to each item and manually total the "reads" to get a figure
of hits. And "reads" doesnt correspond to IP's.

So i think a block saying how many hits on the front page would still
be required.

Someone here suggested a means of doing so. I shall try, if anyone
else makes it, please post me.

thanks for all the help, rahul benegal.
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:47:08 +0200
From: "Kobus Myburgh" <ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za>

Rahul,

A site hit counter is not particularly useful, especially with Drupal,
as it has so much more capabilities.

I suggest you take a look at statistics.module (included with default
installation - just
<snip>

Kobus

>>> rahulbenegal at gmail.com 7/10/2005 6:58 AM >>>
Would be grateful if you could point me to a means of capturing and
displaying hit count on my drupal site (I am not a php programmer).

--
Warm Regards,
Rahul Benegal