[drupal-support] Form method for subscribing to multiple emaillists?

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Tue Jul 19 00:57:37 UTC 2005

On Jul 19, 2005, at 09:39, Taran Rampersad wrote:

> I don't think you understand. I want the capability for users to be
> able
> to subscribe to more than one email list through a form on the server.
> This should be a simple CGI script, as it appears to be on the Drupal
> page I pointed to. The CGI itself should then do the posting of the
> information to Mailman to do everything else.

I don't know how this particular form works, but the general idea is
quite easy with Mailman.  For each checked list, generate a mail to
listname-join at example.com that appears to be From: the subscriber's
email address.  The subscriber will get the standard confirmation
email to make sure people are not maliciously subscribed by others.

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/