[drupal-support] Upgrading database from 4.3 (was Psychophobia)

sunblockster at gmail.com sunblockster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 04:38:26 UTC 2005

As I try to recover our site from the Psychophobia hack, I am
following Gerhard's suggestions for recovering the database. From the
table structure it looks like we were using 4.3. However, when I run
the database upgrade script, I get a blank screen:

1) I installed Drupal 4.5.4.
2) I modified the conf.php file so that it pointed to our old database.
3) I loaded http://www.site.org/drupaldir/update.php.
4) I followed the notes for adding new tables and fields, and made
the modifications successfully through phpmyadmin.
5) I clicked on the "run the database script" link. (http://
www.site.org/drupaldir/update.php?op=update)
6) A blank screen came up.

7) I then double-checked the conf.php file to make sure $db_url was
pointing to the right place. It was.

8) To test the rest of my configuration I set $db_url to a different
database that had a freshly loaded version of the 4.5.4
database.mysql, and it worked.

So the problem seems to be with my database and/or the update.php
script. Any ideas?

Thanks you.