[drupal-support] Adding meta tags

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Wed Jul 20 11:15:59 UTC 2005

On second though, Kaspar, that means Drupal is also wrong (if the article you mention is correct).

All the other meta tags are like that, even those added by Drupal itself.

Is there someone who can confirm this? If so, I will file a bug report.

Regards,

Kobus

>>> kaspark at gmail.com 7/20/2005 1:08:12 PM >>>
Probably this is just an error in IE, not being strict. According to below
mentioned article, the meta tags should not close with /> but >.
 http://searchenginewatch.com/webmasters/article.php/2167931
 brgds
Kaspar

 On 7/20/05, Kobus Myburgh <ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For some strange reason, when I view the source of my page in IE, it
> displays the meta tag description, but in FireFox it doesn't. I have added
> the description meta tag line in the theme itself, and I have cleared the
> cache in IE and FireFox, but somehow the two versions differ.
>
> This causes the trouble that a prominent South African search engine keeps
> refusing my site as they don't see my description tag either.
>
> Here is the line in my theme:

> Potchefstroom, Parys and Klerksdorp branches of Huizemark." />
>
> This is in the head section of the document.
>
> It shows up in IE but not in FireFox. What could be the problem? I need to
> get my site submitted to that site engine... :(
>
> Is there a better place to add these details as in the theme file itself?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Kobus

Vh
Kaspar