[drupal-support] New site -- lots of blank screens.

William Meertens nuke at meewi.be
Mon Jun 6 00:00:46 UTC 2005

Hi,

Thank you for your answers.

The combination of cache and gzip I did not know about. Is there a way to deselect gzip usage but still have cache ?

Other then that I was thinking in the same direction or a combination of these :
          drupal - modules - cache - server

Several modules make it happen all the time :
          flexinode, privatemsg and project lock the modules node (page)
          Jsdomenu makes the screen go blank every time
          image and img_assist do the same

I also deselected almost every filter module. It seems they are triggering something to make the screen go blank. I came to that conclusion after I forgot "" somewhere in my posting. It seems to me that drupal does not like bad typing.

The cache troubled me after I altered the database directly. I did not only get lots of blank screens. I also get lots of errors for duplicate notifications. Drupal wants to put something where I had put something manually. Can one do something about that ? Is there a script that lets Drupal re-index the databese or something. It seems to me that Drupal writes everything out in more then one place, but reads it back again in one place only. Sounds like cache, isn't it ?

By the way I'm using the latest version of Drupal and test everything on Linux (Firefox, Mozilla, Dillo, Opera), OpenBSD (Mozilla) and XP (IE, FireFox).

Regards,
William.

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 17:34:37 +0200
Dries Buytaert <dries at buytaert.net> wrote Re: [drupal-support] New site -- lots